On 21 May 2001, at 13:53, Tom Rittenhouse wrote:

> The Limited lenses are intended to compete directly with
> Leica. Leica has always had a 90mm. Furthermore, someone on
> the list mentioned some sort of converter that had a 1.2x
> magnification that IIRC was supposed to allow Pentax SLR
> lenses to be used on Leicas (no not in production). The
> limited lenses are all about 1.2x off from more common focal
> lengths.  Of course you are free to believe that 1.2 factor
> on all the limited lenses is just a coincidence.

Hi Tom,

The FA 43mm LTD was released in Japan with Leica screw mount and a
flash shoe mounted finder. Since the mounting flange to film plane is
distance on the Leica (range-finders) is much less than the Pentax SLR
there is no need for optical convertors, the lens simply has to be placed a
little further forward of the Leica mount. I don't know if the Pentax lens in
Leica screw mount provided for range-finder coupling either, this would
significantly reduce its appeal to all but die-hard fans as scale focus would
be the only option. I haven't heard any news of the other Ltd lenses being
available in screw.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA