I got my D back today! I had to drive to the UPS dispatch center because for
some reason they put my apartment number but no street address on the
package. But the camera seems to be in great condition. The packing slip
says that they replaced the aperture control magnet and endcoder assembly,
as well as the circuit board and/or the sensor. I need to test to see if my
hot pixels are gone, but I haven't seen them yet.

Anyway, here is a test shot with the Tamron 28-75mm Di. I know some people
were interested in seeing some samples from that lens.
http://sunny16.smugmug.com/gallery/407195/1/16259869

Amita