Paul wrote

The PSCS RAW converter provides excellent control over exposure. i use the exposure slider to control the brightest highlights. The shadow slider adjusts the deepest shadow areas. Then I use the brightness slider to adjust the midtone values. You can bring up the midtones with the brightness control without affecting the highlights. That's great. Finally, the contrast control will move the ends of the histogram away from the middle or toward the middle. The sum result is control that's more accurate than levels and curves and more intuitive as well. I can't imagine working any other way. Sometimes, I'll provide a little fine tuning with the shadows/highlights tool after converting to tiff, but generally I do almost all my adjustments in the PSCS RAW converter.
Paul

One thing I miss in the PSCS RAW converter is an eyedropper tool. It would be great to be able to take a shot of a white and grey card and use this reference PEF to get a correctly balanced XMP file for the rest of the shoot by just clicking on the cards. As it is, adjusting the color temp and tint sliders isn't too bad, but it is subjective. Hmm..I suppose I could get an in-camera white balance done.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~derbyc