Hi John:

Yes, it's the Elmarit-R 2.8/16.

Here's a photo taken with it:
http://hemenway.com/Hull-august/pages/08-FisheyeView.htm

I think my screw mount Pentax fisheye is equal to it... well, maybe even a little sharper.

Jim

John Whittingham wrote:
I have a Leica-R zoom made by Sigma, and a fisheye by Sigma.

Would that be the 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye by any chance?

John

---------- Original Message ----------- From: Jim Hemenway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net Sent: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:08:43 -0500 Subject: Was KA mount Carl Zeiss Jena lenses, now Leica lenses from Japan

I have a Leica-R zoom made by Sigma, and a fisheye by Sigma. I don't know of any Leica reflex lenses manufactured by Cosina.

Jim

Raimo K wrote:

Perhaps it was not Sigma but Cosina?
All the best!
Raimo K
Personal photography homepage at:
http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~raikorho

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Whittingham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net> Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 4:16 PM Subject: Re: KA mount Carl Zeiss Jena lenses

Sigma and MInolta also made some
zoom lenses for Leitz, in the R (SLR) mount, sold under the Leica
name, with Leica prices.

I believe they also made the 24mm for Leitz (later incarnation), I'm
surprised at the comment on the Carl Zeiss lens performance, the Sigma was
generally regarded as very good, even scored 4 at photodo, which is
remarkable for a 24mm w/a.

John

------- End of Original Message -------