To: "Phil McOrmond" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: AW: Manual Focus Pentax Glass on istD

Hi Phil, being a Nikon user nevertheless (including an old F borrowed
time to time), I think the previous poster meaned viewfinder
magnification by the % sign. Yes, all single-digit F cameras have 100%
viewfinder, and I like as much coverage as possible (the LX has
around 96-98% I think?). But the "70%" for Canons 1V was probably the
viewfinder magnification as 0.7x, which is about the same F4-F6 have.
'Twas only the older manual focus bodies which had bigger
magnification (though harder to use for eyeglass users). Same with MX
(0.95x mag) vs LX (0.90x depending on finder, IIRC?)

Just a correction ;-)

Good light! fra