Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

It's all a matter of how you prefer to ride. I don't see it as
either good or bad.

A bit of front end dip is a good feedback signal to the rider
with regards to how much braking is being applied, BMW found
that out and dialed in a bit of it with the TeleLever front end.
It helps keep you from locking up the front wheel on hard
braking inadvertently.

Dip is purely a fashion effect. Almost everyone uses teles, so dip under braking is what is expected. Once it is absent, there are other effects for feedback.

Quickening the steering on turn-in allows better
maneuverability, a good thing in most circumstances, but too
much reduction in trail can lead to loss of dynamic stability:
the rider has to work harder and be more skillful in that case.
Most street bikes have relatively moderate geometries as a
practical compromise between maneuverability and dynamic
stability.

Certainly, bikes with less radical geometry are less prone to becoming unstable under heavy braking but it is still a possibility that I would prefer was not associated with them. A friend has a Phasar that, once one is used to the complete change in handling "feel", can be driven like a car. Heavy braking in corners has no discernable effect on handling at all. I can see why it would not work for racing, as the steering is quite "slow" but it is excellent for road use.

mike