Resend - Didn't see my reply come through

 --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have decided i need some longer glass. I dont do a
> lot of nature work,but in the past
> 6-8 months i
> have missed a few opportunities to get a decent shot
> as my glass could not "reach out and
> touch
> something" so to speak.<g>Espesially now that not
> very far from my home,the  north is home
> again to a
> large population of owls,which i have a fondness
> for.:-)

<...>

> I am looking at several possbilities,a Sigma 300 f4
> for one. Anyone have experince with
> this and either
> the Sigma 1.4 or 1.5 or 2x tele's.
> Also looking at Sigmas 55-500(web sites only)and the
> 100-300 f4. Any experience with
> these,and
> tele's.

Longest FL I have is 300mm, but I have a 1.4x (canon),
1.7x (pentax) and 2x (tamron/canon) at my disposal.
I have the Sigma 100-300 f4 and have been pretty
pleased with it. Bought it second hand too so it
wasn't very expensive either. Primes, I have Canon
300/4 and Pentax FA300/4.5 - I would use either of
these with a TC.

I don't do much nature stuff, but I've been lucky
enough to meet a couple of owls
http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/39729690

Wendy