Quoting Gonz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Maybe there is a different path from lens to AF and to MF?  There is,
> but they both have to go through the focusing screen don't they?  So I'm
> thinking I must be having vision issues.  I blurred up several nice
> shots the other day in a theatre production that had to use MF because
> AF would hunt too much in the dark.

I, too, manually focus my *ist D most of the time because AF hunts too much,
and find that many of my manually-focused shots have the plane of focus
behind where I want it. I haven't run a precise test, but I've been seeing
the tendency all along in my pictures.
In my case, I *know* I'm having vision issues. The new glasses are on order.
I'll see what happens after I get them.

ERNR