I agree. I have the Belkin card reader for the ipod. It is very slow
to read, and it takes a lot of batteries. On a new ipod (so the
battery holds a long charge), the indicator goes from full to scarily
close to empty when uploading 2GB.

In December in London I used it on days when my (only) 2BG card would
fill up. In one ocassion I had time to shoot two rolls of Tri-X on the
M6 in the time the card was being emptied.

I wouldn't recommend this solution to someone with a DSLR. It would
work great for a small PS shooting jpegs and uploading 128-256Mb at a
time, though.

My ipod will stay as a music player and as extra backup of the "keepers".