I got the viewfinder with the uncoated glass installed
in the SF1n last night and the result is, well, interesting.
The image is now much brighter and very much sharper.
The interesting part is with the uncoated glass the out of
focus highlights tend to take on a 'star like' quality.
It's almost like having a full screen microprism, not sure
if this is good or bad yet, I'll have to take it out for a
stroll today.
I assume the effect is due to internal reflection since
this is a good optical quality glass.
One thing I did notice is that the original plastic eyepiece
is slightly concave on the outside surfaces.
This does not appear to have any diopter property and I am
assuming it is to reduce relection, somewhat like a "ghostless"
filter.

Even uncoated the glass makes a big difference in the finder
image quality, similar to cleaning the optics in a rangefinder
it's an "Oh wow! Didn't know what I was missing" kinda thing.

Don