--- John Whittingham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've not got to slides yet, I guess that will be the real test, greater
> dynamic range required from the hardware.

I have found the Minolta software produces better results for slides than
Vuescan,
while Vuescan does a lot better for negatives (colour or B&W). But I have never
got
any IT8 to calibrate the Vuescan so maybe I am missing something. However, for
my
scanner (oldest Elite), if the slides look a little dark, the scans will be too
dark
and useless. That's one reason I am not too keen on shooting slides. Perhaps the
latest scanners (Nikon 5000 & Minolta 5400) will do better? Too bad Vuescan
doesn't
solve the streaking issue or I will buy the 5400.

=====
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan