I have quite some experience with XP2 Super (bought a couple of bulk
  rolls so I had to use them all! :oT ) and I didn't quite reach the
  same conclusion.
  XP2 has indeed very large exposure latitude but it does so at the
  expense of grain and tone compression. I initially bought it for
  concert shooting and ended up with outdoors use of up to 200 ASA. It
  doesn't scan very well either: it yields a very compressed histogram
  that barely allows a couple of processing steps before the noise
  builds up, even in 16 bit BW. Delta 100 and even the contrasty APX
  100 and 400 deliver much cleaner, large histogram scans that are
  more suitable for post processing.
  That said, once I got used with its limitations it delivered some
  nice results, so I guess I can confirm the consistency. ;o)
  Tough, in-house traditional BW processing is very accessible and the
  results can easily exceed camera/lenses/scanner performance; also
  with just a bit of practice one can get the same level of
  consistency as with C41. At least now that I gave up to E6
  processing I'm beginning to rediscover the virtues of true BW
  emulsions...

  Servus,  Alin