Thanks, Bob.
There is arabic writing in the green part of the glass, so my guess too, is that it dates from the Byzantine period. The Crusades may be a bit early, but it's certainly possible. I'm sure there's some hard facts to be found about it somewhere on the web too, but tonight I'm too lazy to look it up...:-)

One idea for Elin (my daughter) could be to decorate her own window with washable colours for Easter. I will have to obtain a permission from the Ministry of Domestic Affairs first, though. I'd hate to wash and iron the curtains if it goes haywire.

Jostein

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://www.oksne.net/paw/israel/index.html

Very interesting. I particularly like the way you continue the line of
Roman columns with the industrial chimneys - nicely spotted.

Your daughter deserves her painted glass windows. Our old houses here
are full of them, but it is quite easy to learn.

The arch of that window may be due to the Crusaders. But the idea of
pointed arches was around in the Islamic world before it came into
European Gothic. So perhaps it was originally an Islamic building, as
it looks to be now. It is certainly not Roman.

--
Cheers,
Bob