You could always get another FA-1. I've seen several advertised on eBay
recently. Another LX advantage.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
    From: "frank theriault"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 28/02/05 23:56:34
    To: "pentax-discuss@pdml.net"<pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
    Subject: Re: [personal] Re: LX Repair Update

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:57:53 -0500, David Chang-Sang
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    > If Kominek's can't repair the LX I think Frank would be hard pressed to
find
    > someone else within Canada who could. Their service, from my experience,
is
    > top notch and if it's the same Pentax guy that I'm thinking of, he'll
scour
    > for spare parts etc. in order to fix a working body.
    >
    > I hope it gets fixed for you Frank :)

    I'm actually not too worried, for a couple of reasons.  First, I think
    that the problem is a minor mechanical one, maybe even one that
    doesn't need parts.  Second, if they can't fix it, I have a camera
    that works fine, except for the flash (although, as I said, ttl flash
    metering is one of the things I like most about it), so I still have a
    pretty good camera.  Third, Kominek's here in Toronto has a former
    Pentax Canada tech who works for them, and he (as Dave recalls)
    repaired a Pentax zoom for Dave that Pentax Canada said was beyond
    repair.

    Wait, that's ~three~ reasons....

    "I'm actually not worried, for ~three~ reasons.  First..."

    <vbg>

    cheers,
    frank (of the Spanish Inquisition)