Quoting Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Quoting Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > If you use DOF-preview and program mode or Tv, the PZs don't work. The
> > > -5n was the first one with this feature.
> >
> > Another way to put this is that you have to set the aperture on the lens
> > aperture ring in order for the depth-of-field preview to work.
> >
> > (I mention this because there's more than one way to use metered manual
> or Av
> > on that camera, and some of them involve setting the aperture from the
> camera
> > body.)
>
> Correct, and a good point, a great feature of these bodies. But when
> you do that you are no longer on P or Av :-)

Not to seem compulsively argumentative, Kostas, but indeed on the PZ-1 you
may be in Av mode setting the aperture on the lens, or on the body.
And in Hyper Manual mode you can do both as well.
You'd said the DOF-preview doesn't work in Program or Tv mode; I agree; but
wanted to clarify that in Hyper Manual mode and Av mode, whether DOF-preview
is available depends on how you are using the controls in those modes.

ERNR