I agree that the best CRT monitors can still deliver better image quality than the best TFT monitors, but it comes at a price. I was merely responding to a message claiming that all photography professionals use CRT monitors. It just isn't the case. I think one factor that has driven many photographers to the Apple Cinema Display in particular is ease of system integration. It's basically plug and play on a Macintosh. And the image quality is quite adequate for all conversion and retouching tasks.
Paul