Of course the eBay phenomenon is strange, I guess it is the, "I want that", factor multiplied by insanity.

For instance I noticed a used Jiffy J-2 Hat Steamer bid up near $200 when I last looked. Now with the interest in vintage hats that might seem reasonable. Only a quick google search reveals that they are still being made and have a suggested list price of $149.95. Further that same search brings up about 50 places that are selling them new mostly for $130-135 with a couple of places selling it for under $100. So who in their right mind would pay $200 plus inflated shipping used for something they can readily get new for $100.

It seems that if you list something on ebay you either give it away, or get paid 4-5x what it is worth, and hardly ever does something just go for an honest price.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Don Sanderson wrote: