On Mar 7, 2005, at 2:45 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

.And it can be operated
with one hand as the aperture and shutter speed controls are quite easy to
use - they're laid out so that my fingers fell readily in place to use them.

This brought a smile to my face. During my walkarounds, I frequently shoot with one hand while carrying a cup of coffee in the other. (I do keep the strap around my neck.) I always feel a bit guilty, as though I'm not really putting much effort into my photography, but it is quite easy to shoot one-handed with the *istD.
Paul