Jack Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Frantisek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Monday, March 7, 2005, 3:21:45 PM, Jack wrote:
> > JD> Last pack of CDs I purchased (Memorex "Cool Colors")
> > JD> contains discs with no grooves. No radiating groove
> > Wait, where does the needle ride then? Is it 33RPM
> > or another speed?
> Frantisek,
> Thought I was the only lister old enough to know about
> "needles riding grooves".

#blink#  How else would one properly listen to
_Frampton_Comes_Alive_ or catch the back-masking
on the 'White Album'[*]?

(And then there's the intentional skip at the end of
"(Your Love Is Like) Nuclear Waste" so that the explosion
goes on forever.  And the Monty Python album that had two
grooves on one side, making essentially a three-sided LP.
And the really old _record_albums_ that were actually
albums of records:  books of sleeves holding 78s.  But I
haven't played with wax cylinders myself, only the flat
media, 'cause I'm just a young 'un WRT recording technology.
(I'll pretend for a moment not to know how old player-piano
rolls are.))

                                        -- Glenn

[*] AFAIK, "The White Album" is a nickname, not the actual
title, so I didn't underline it.  But I figured if I had
called it _The_Beatles_ (I think that's the title), folks
wouldn't have been sure what I meant.  Then again, I could
be wrong about the title...