Well that's stooopid.  Searching on portable storage devices brings up all
sorts of stuff I don't want, including music players, things with screens
to view photos (only displaying JPEG's).

OK, let's try this: I want a small package that has a hard drive in it
(20GB seems sufficient, so maybe 40GB is best) and slots for various types
of cards and allows for a USB 2.0 connection to download the info to the
computer.  Any recommendations or suggestions of products to stay away
from.

Shel