Quoting frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:10:50 -0500, Peter J. Alling
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> > >oh no, Frank and Cotty are MPs now?
> > >
> > >ERNR
> > >

> > Damn, I didn't notice that, the Empire is done for...
>
> Nah, I was just pretending to be an appellate judge.  I guess it
> wasn't a very good impression...

Admitting up-front that you would know more about this than I do: what made
me think MP was "my friend *from Oxford*" (the inclusion of the constituency).
I think if you'd said "learned friend" I would've thought "judge".
This is just my impression from way back & I could easily be wrong. I've been
living in the States a long time now, and certainly was no expert on these
matters even before I moved here.
Um, Peter, the Empire is long since history but perhaps it's time to worry
about the Commonwealth ...

ERNR