Being the proud user of Pentax Spotmatics of various vintages, at different
times, MX's, LX's
and one loan ZX-M I am surprised at how quiet the ZX-M is by
comparison.  The Spot's had
an extremely noticeable Ker-Chunck from the Mirror slap my MX's have a
slightly, (but not much),
quieter mirror slap followed by a slight musical ringing sound, sort of
like a Ker-Chunck-ping, and make an
un-holy racket with a winder,  I can only imagine what they must sound like
with a full blown motor.
The LX's show the same pattern, at to my ear about the same decibel level,
with a slightly lower pitch
for the Ker-Chunck with much softer ping.  With the mirror locked up the
shutter still chunks with
authority and isn't that much quieter although the ping is gone some
artifact from the mirror? Both the
Motor LX and the Winder LX are much quieter than the Winder MX with the
Motor LX having a slightly
louder but lower pitched sound that is more easily lost in background noise
with the Winder LX having a
slightly quieter but higher pitch.  By comparison the ZX-M shutter with
built in winder is almost silent,
(yes I know it isn't silent just by comparison), making less noise that any
of the other cameras with out
winders and even less than the LX with mirror locked up.

All in all none of these cameras are very stealthy when making photos.

Just my un-scientific and subjective observations.