On 9 Mar 2005 at 17:08, Bob Blakely wrote:

> It might be more interesting to you, but the question here concerns
> perspective correction using either a lens or using PhotoShop. Using a
> different lens destroys the scientific validity of the test. One could not
> guarantee that any observed differences were NOT due to using a different
> lens.

Well I understand your point but my point is that I can use any lens in
conjunction with PS. Looking at large prints I've made with and without PC
(same image) I can honestly say that the print with PC applied digitally has
lost no practical resolution in print. That's test enough for me.

If you are shooting film for direct projection or conventional print then I
appreciate the need otherwise practically speaking why would anyone persevere
with a slow fixed PC lens which offers only 28mm FL and 12mm of shift when I
have the option to apply very flexible PC to any lens with generally no visible
degradation in print?

Cheers,