My AF360FGZ became ill recently and decided to stop zooming. It's only usable at manual 24mm zoom. I took a trip to one of the local camera shops yesterday and picked up a Promaster FTD 7000M.

I'm not familiar with Promaster flash products. Why didn't you choose the Sigma EF 500 DG Super? It supports all the D/DS functions as well as has the bounce/swivel head and higher power output.. Everyone I've asked about it has been complimentary as to its performance.

I'm still planning to buy a dedicated flash unit, but so far I've been using a Sunpak 383 non-dedicated unit with the DS and getting very good results.

Godfrey