Mark opined:
> > It almost makes me want to formally learn the zone system.
Scott replied:
> Ack.  Spare yourself the insanity.

Anyone who shoots BW film can benefit from learning the zone system. You may
not use it, but developing an understanding of range, values and how to work
with them in exposure and development is very useful. This knowledge even
carries over into digital photography a bit. I was thinking that just the other
day while using the RAW converter's exposure slider to set the highlights, then
working on the midtones and shadows. It's all about maximizing your options
within the latitude of the medium.  One of the best places to learn the zone
system is from the master himself: Ansel Adams' "The Negative."
Paul