Hi Ken.

I have the Manfrotto 486 RC2 ball head on the monopod and i have a Manfrotto
pan head,
390RC on the
company tripod(that see's more time at my house lately than at the office:-))

Yes i think i need more room between the mount and body. About 1/2" should do
it.

Dave

                                > If you're talking about an Arca Swiss type
quick
release system, it sounds like you need a
longer mounting plate (that attaches to the lens tripod collar) that can slide
in the
quick release receiver, effectively moving the lens mount forward ahead of the
camera
body.
> If you're talking about a Bogen type quick release mount, I'm not sure what
> options you
have.

> Kenneth Waller
>
> in the quick release system you're using.

the

> way of
> the release switch. I tried mounting the lens,then the camera,but all that
> got me was
dust