[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[...]

> The one thing that I always wonder about threads like this one is how some
> Pentax users - or at least the folks on the PDML - always want the silk
> purse for the price of the sow's ear ;-)

And why not, Sir?
I mean, when you consider that some of the literally finest lenses in history were Takumar and Pentax lenses, and they can be had today for such a small fraction of their original sale price, or better yet, a miniscule fraction of their inflation-adjusted price in today's market... indeed, why not?

Look at the fantastic little Super Tak 35mm f/3.5, the Super Tak 50mm f/1.4, the Super Tak 55mm f/1.8, and so many others. These were proven to be the equal of or superior to many of the adjudged world's best performing lenses of their day, and today look what we can buy them for!
And that ignores the Pentax- and Pentax-A branded lenses that offer similar values.

Peanuts!

Heck, that's one of the reasons Pentax has a problem with their lens sales and such... their finely crafted older bodies last so long, and their most excellent lenses are so comparatively cheap... who needs to buy new?

keith whaley

> Don't get me wrong; if anyone came out with a $2000 USD full frame DSLR,
> I'd take a good long look at it but I just don't think that it's going to
> happen soon - so I make do with what I have - and stock more wide angle
> lenses to accomodate :)
>
> Cheers
> Dave

[...]