On Mar 13, 2005, at 11:27 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
I wondered about that method of reducing the angularity too.
I dismissed it as being counter to the trend Pentax have led
of reducing the bulk and size of DSLR bodies.
Maybe it is the answer to the problems though, it will be
interesting to see what Leica come up with for their digital "M".
After all, one of the main things that makes their wide angle
lenses so superior is the tiny lens to film distance, no need
for the retrofocus designs used on cameras with reflex mirrors.

Most of the modern Leica ultrawides are retrofocus design anyway, like the Elmarit-M 21 and 24mm lenses.

Godfrey