Mark Roberts wrote:

The mention of Sony as a potential buyer coupled with the rumour
that Sony wants to be a DSLR player could mean we might see a Contax
resurrection.

Well Sony will need to do something when Matsushita buys Leica ;-)

why not? Both Carl Zeiss and Leica are primarily well regared lens makers IMO - I wouldn't mind if Pentax will abandon the megapixel race too and will focus on the lens production just as they did before WWII.

Perhaps it's a blasphemy here, but I never truly liked any SLR made by AOCo. after perhaps M-series, but I haven't tried them all, of course. With two exceptions, though: the MZ-S and the ist-Ds.

Bedo.