The friction adjustment allows you to adjust the clamping force up to the maximum load offered by the head. At minimum adjustment, the grip's release is modest and easily controllable; at maximum, it's a little stiff.

Godfrey

On Mar 15, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Don Sanderson wrote:

Thanks for the input Jack.
I notice that there is a "Friction" knob on this one,
I assumed this would set the 'loose' friction to give
drag so it didn't actually 'flop' around.
Is this not the way it works?

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:30 AM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Bogen 322RC2 Grip Action Ball Head? Comments?

Don, I briefly tried one a couple years ago and missed the graduated adjustments possible with a 'conventional' ball head. There was no in-between. Either completely tight or loose. When shooting wildlife, especially with manual focus, not having a free hand to focus, recompose or follow a target were a frustration. Might be fine for AF on a monopod or for stationary scenes.

Jack

--- Don Sanderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these:
http://www.adorama.com/BG322RC2.html

What do you think?

TIA