if the body prevents me from getting shots that i earn my living from, it doesn't matter how good the glass is. there are lots of things that the *istD is good for, but there are lots that it can't do either, and those happen to be the ones that pay more because fewer people can reliably get them.

Herb...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Lacus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: why So who would buy... (was:Special Interview with PENTAX @PMA)

i can go from a Digital Rebel to the 1Ds Mk2 without changing lens mounts.

yes you can. But you can't go from a Pentax (D)SLR to the 1Ds Mk2 and use Pentax glass with it. This is very important to me, because I chose Pentax not because of their bodies, but because of their fine (and reasonably priced) glass.