I have a Sigma 28-105mm/4-5.6 zoom with the same features.  What I did discover is you will probably get the correct aperture at one focal length.  In my case it occurs at 35mm. I am using the lens with my MZ-M.
There was nothing in the literature that came with my lens.

steven

Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 15:49:02 -0700
From: "Richard S. Ross" <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: SuperProgram Sigma lens (in)compatability?

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a Sigma 135-400/4-5.6 zoom and find that it does not
give correct aperture information in Program and Shutter Priority modes.
Basically the camera does not know the minimum aperture of this lens.
Anyone else have this problem? Is this the lens or my cameras fault?
BTW It appears to stop down correctly, it is only the aperture readout
in the camera that is wrong. I still need to run a test role to verify
this.

Richard
- -