Rob Studdert wrote:
On 15 Mar 2005 at 22:49, pancho hasselbach wrote:

Hi list,
I just came across an offer for an K 3.5/24. Has anybody compared it directly to the A 2.8/24? I own the latter, and I think that, apart from it's other qualities, it tends to a slight barrel distortion.
Unfortunately, someone on Stan's site said the 3.5/24 shows _no_ distortion. Who
knows more?

Hi,

Are you using it for film or digital photography? I haven't compared the two lenses as I only own the A24/2.8, it does exhibit slight barrel distortion however I can correct for that in software. The as the lens is sharp and exhibits very little CA towards the edges even wide open I'm sure it would be the best option for coupling to a DSLR. Film however is another matter.

Cheers,
Rob Studdert

Rob,

I have only film bodies and digital seems far away by now. No forever, hopefully. I'll stay with the A24 in every case as it performs quite well and, apart from that, as an A lens it fits nicely on my MZ-S.
I made some test shots the other day with some of my wideangles, and it's difficult to tell the difference between the frames taken wide open and stopped down, just a bit more contrast in the centre.
But in the lab where I go they scan anything in their minilab so I really doubt if the prints show what I shot, in detail.

Thanks for anwering,
Pancho