Godfrey DiGiorgi mused:

> On Mar 16, 2005, at 12:53 PM, John Francis wrote:
>
> > Cotty mused:
> >>
> >> On 16/3/05, John Francis, discombobulated, unleashed:

> >> Goddo, what the heck is this?
> >

> > It's what you use when you're sitting in front of a Mac and
> > you want to browse through the various folders/directories
> > to see what files are there.
>
> That's the Finder. It does a HELL of a lot more than the Windows File
> Browser.

Call it what you will.

There's something on a Mac that lets you bring up a window
on a folder, and which shows you the files in that folder,
together with showing you various file attributes (which,
in the case we are discussing, include creation dates).

If it shows a date of 31 Dec 1903 for files on a CF card
written in a digital camera, it's broken code, because
it isn't implementing FAT correctly.

Arguing about what it is called doesn't change the fact
that there's a problem somewhere in the Mac software.