I think that Pentax's long-term strategy (if you can call it that) is becoming
clear.  Overall, they did their development in order of low-end to high-end
format.  First they did the point and shoot cameras.  The 35mm came next (but
reversing their low-to-high strategy by releasing the D first).  Now the 645 MF
is on the way (hopefully).  Last is clearly the 67's, which I always thought
was Pentax's crown jewel.

Village Idiot