Hi,

I'm far from an expert here, but some time ago a few list members and
friends sent me numerous RAW files from the istD, a Nikon D70, a Canon (10D
I think), and another Nikon (more grown up than the D70).  I ran them all
through the Adobe RAW converter and played with them, and I also ran the
same images through the DNG converter.  I couldn't see any difference.
However, don't consider my comments to be indicative of a final verdict.
Perhaps more like polling the jury <LOL>>

Shel

converting PEF to DNG ?  Do I lose any picture information or just
> metadata, like which lens was used and other things I don't really need.
I need size reduction from 13MB to 5MB, that is a huge