William
I found that you were absolutly right!

I) have recieved my newst "toy" - Metz 60 CT-2 from Germany today.
It DOES do TTL with the *ist D (and my Super A) when I use the C81 adapter
and a Pentax sync cord.
BRILLIANTLY, in fact.

I am surprised how light this huge flash is, because there's no on-board
batteries.
I dont even miss the second flash tube (which the CT-4 has) - since I can
use the RFT on my *ist D and my MZ-S (when I recieve Joe Wilensky's).

I just LOVE shooting with two flashes because the light seem quite natural
this way!
This was shot at a reception earlier today, using:
Pentax *ist D, Tamron 3.5-5-6/28-80mm Asperical, Metz 45 CT-5 with two flsh
tubes in TTL position, using a proper AF adapter:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bladt/6782063/

Regards
Jens

>Thanks a lot, William.
>I already have a C81 adapter and a Pentax sync. cord with it. I never
really
>used it, since I use the red light AF assist adapter (SCA 374/2 AF M1),
>which works fine with the *ist D - and it worked with my MZ-S (which I
don't
>have anymore) as well. I have noticed, though, that flashes using a red AF
>assist light, don't do TTL well with the *ist D. I don't plan using this
>flash much on camera, but it's nice to have the option :-)

>I'll give the C81 a try when I recieve the 60 CT-2 from Germany:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3876335966&ssPageNa
e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]