Dan Scott wrote:

> Along with "you can never have too much film with you" is "never leave just
> the end of a roll in your camera" if something important happens, you don't
> want to miss a great opportunity because you had to stop, rewind, reload,
> and then recompose. :-(

That's a good point, Dan, especially with some older cameras.
Rewinding and reloading 40 year old Leicas can sometimes take the
better part of an afternoon <g>.

Often if there's just a few more shots left on a roll, I'll either
burn those frames quickly or, before moving on, just reload and
start again with a fresh roll. In that case I'll either end up
wasting a few frames or, sometimes, reload the roll and use those
frames for something else later on.  It's nice to be able to rewind
with the leader left out.  I understand that not all the new cameras
allow that.

Shooting with two cameras, both loaded with the same film, allows
continuous shooting as well.  It's especially nice if both cameras
are the same, such as two Spotmatics, LX, or what have you.  The
flow is virtually uninterrupted, and allows switching from one focal
length to another very easily and quickly.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]