Good work for doing the test - I love seeing this sort of thing... one thing I'll point out though is that it appears that focus wasn't equal in the two tests. Take a look at the balcony rails second from the back and you'll see the tak is sharper. The left-foreground bare plane tree branches are clearly sharper in the FA, but compare the light-blue windows directly behind them... the tak appears to be focused closer to infinity than the FA.

Cheers,
David

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Thought it might be fun to pit the brand-new $300+ lens against the single coated Takumar version which cost me $27...

  http://homepage.mac.com/godders/135cmp/

enjoy,
Godfrey