Starting from the bottom.

The dial on the ES is a Film reminder Sun = daylight (color), Bulb =
Tungsten (color),
the black and white square = B&W and emp. = empty.

The SMC Takumar lenses have an interlock to keep you from setting the auto
manual
diaphragm switch on the lens to manual which could screw up the metering which
expects the lens to be at maximum aperture when the camera body depth of
field switch,
(which in earlier Spotmatics switched the meter on as well as stoping down
the lens),
is set to open, (down).

The switch to the left of the mirror housing is the depth of field preview
lever which if it works
the same way on the ES as it does on the ESII stops down the lens and
disconnects the
metering compensation, (for open aperture metering) to allow stop down
metering.