Quoting Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Mar 19, 2005, at 8:02 AM, Sung Nee wrote:
>
> >> The
> >> 40 is so restricted in its usefulness
> >
> > The "normal" lens is the most versatile lens on earth.
>
> And for a *istD/DS, that would be something in the range of 28-35mm. A
> 28/2 would be perfect for me.

I recently bought* an FA 28/2.8 to serve that purpose on the *istD, and so
far I am very pleased with it.
It's even the same size, physically, as the F 50/1.7 that's my normal for
autofocus 35mm SLRs (and is now my short tele for the *istD).

ERNR

*should say "received" -- gift from the better half, though I did the
purchasing on his instructions