On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:22:12 -0500, Graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have to agree with Shel on this one. Is manipulation that does not change
> the meaning of the photo evil? How about those millions of "grip and grin"
> photos your have seen in the newspapers over the years, every one of them
> posed? Yes, photos can lie. Reporters can lie. Editors can lie. But their
> leaving something out that is not relevant to the story is not a lie, it is
> just ordinary editing (cutting the irrelevant).

Tom,

I'm not sure if you're responding to John or me here, but I just want
to go on record as saying that manipulation is not evil.  I don't
believe that I've ever said it is.

I have only said that I choose not to do it for myself.  That's a
personal choice, and whatever anyone else chooses to do with their
photos is fine by me.  I make no value judgements on such activities.

cheers,
frank