zxcv ar2 wrote:

> Greetings! What minimum equipments will you take to travel to UK and France
> for one month with your wife & children?
[snip]

I would take a PZ1-p, a 28-200 zoom for general snap purposes, and a
couple of primes -- 20 and 35, mainly for indoors when wider and/or
faster lens needed. Plus a small flash, mainly for outdoor fill
purposes. And lots of film, fast for zoom, slower for primes. Will all
fit in a pretty small bag. I also would take a Domke vest since the
pockets come in very handy when wandering around. That's about what I
took on a trip to Italy last year and the kit was quite useful, although
I also had another body which I didn't use much. Would never have been
happy with just one lens for an SLR, though, or a P&S. (P&S restricts
you to either one focal length or, in an extremely slow zoom if it has
any range.)

Then let your wife and children worry about all the rest of the stuff,
assuming that at least one child is old enough to help. :)

Bob