John Whittingham escribió:

If money was not a concern I would be tempted to try the Tamron AF 3.5-5.6 24- 135mm Aspherical AD IF SP, appears to be very well rated. Anyone tried one?

John

I have that lens, but I only shoot film, not digital. I think it is quite useful, sharp, doesn't show too much distortion, in fact I would say distortion is almost negligible. It focuses quite close (40 cm at all focal lengths, if I remember well). Its only weak point is that it is soft wide open (5.6) at 135 mm.
Its filter size is 72 mm. and although it isn't particularly big or heavy, the Pentax 28-105 3.2-4.5 looks really small when compared to this Tamron. If small size and SMC are important for you, and you don't need the extra focal length range, I would say that the Pentax is a better choice.

Carlos