----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Loveless"
Subject: OT Stop bath

Anybody know anything about shipping stop bath.  B&H won't do it just
now.  Adorama doesn't seem to have a problem letting me add it to my
cart.  The Camera Store says it must be shipped as a hazardous
material and will incur additional charges.  Is this something new, or
I have I been out of the loop for too long?

Stobath is acetic acid in a 1%-3% concentration (slightly stronger for film)
Common white vinegar is 5% acetic acid solution.
Dilute white vinegar 1:2 for paper, 1:1 for film, and treat it as a one shot chemical.

Or: if you have an industrial chemical supplier in your area, and can get a
few other interested people to go in on it, you can get glacial acetic acid
fairly cheaply, in 20 litre drums.

William Robb