On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:59:59 -0600, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Markus,

There was no answer from me, because I didn't see your posts.  For
whatever reason, I didn't get them.

I told you my personal rules for photographing the indigent.  I try to
ask them if they mind that I take a photo.  I respect their answer.

I'm not looking down the road as to whether I'm going to publish them
or not.  I just ask them if they mind if I take some photos.  If they
say yes, I shoot.  If they say no, I don't.  If they ask questions, I
answer them honestly.

If they ask if I'm a pro (that seems the most common question), I say,
"no, can't you see, I'm shooting Pentax."  I've never been asked, but
if someone asked if I was going to publish them, I'd say, "I exhibit
from time to time, I sometimes share photos with friends on the
internet."

To answer your question more specifically, if someone started saying,
"you can take my photo, but you can't publish it," or crap like that,
I'd likely get bored and cranky and move on.  There are enough people
that don't mind me taking their picture that I don't need to waste
time with street lawyers.

I don't really know what more to say.  Once the photo is taken, it's
mine, and I use it any way I please.

cheers,
frank