Hi Fred ...

If that was the joke about the IRS auditor, I found it quite funny, and not
the least bit offensive.  It beautifully pokes fun at stereotyping, and the
joke itself has a long history in comedy in various iterations.  Frankly, I
take greater offense at using asterisks when mentioning Nikon and Canon
since A) Pentax is the only brand using an asterisk in the name of one of
its products and B) Nikon and Canon, for the most part, are singled out
while other camera brands generally are spelled out in full, as are third
party lenses and other non-Pentax photographic products.  One can say that
by using asterisks for Nikon and Canon they are being singled out for a
certain type of discrimination.

I agree that the use of certain types of humor can get some people upset,
but good humor is supposed to do that, for by poking fun or making light of
a situation it can point out  its absurdity and foolishness.  What is truly
sad is that some people will get so upset that they will create more
antagonism by riling against the humor, and those that invoke it, than the
joke or anecdote by itself may have

Of course, I love humor in any form, and will sometimes read myself to
sleep with a book that is just filled with jokes and anecdotes.

A priest, a rabbi, and a nun walk into a bar.  The bartender says, "What is
this, a joke?"

A set of jumper cables walks into a bar, and the bartender say, "I'll serve
you, but don't start anything."

I have a friend who's a Puerto Rican Jew.  He's a janitor, but he owns the
building.

Shel