Ahoj Frantisek,

> kde jsi ten Steno nasel?
na atcomp.sk, myslim, ze je to pobocka ceskeho atcompu.
Konkretne na
http://www.atcomp.sk/presmerovani.aspx?goto=/zbozi_detail.aspx$$zbozi=53934

Now english:
> Yes, that's one of the units I was interested in. Please, after you
> know some more from usage, post it. Especially the transfer speeds
> from CF reader to Steno would be great.
Will test this later today and let you know.

> The Steno has a built-in battery, is it removable?
It is not removable. Well, you can remove it, but it is located under
the hardrive, so you would have to remove that first. I would not want
to do it everyday.

> battery holder (or I guess I could rig an AA holder plugging it into
> the DC-IN socket on the Steno).
I plan to try it this way. I already got the 4xAA holder, now I need
that power jack. It needs DC 5V/2.5A.

> Could you also try if it is USB bus
> powered (i.e. when you connect it to the computer as an
> external hdd to transfer your photos back, does it draw power from the
> USB bus, or do you need to use an external DC adapter?)
It always uses its internal battery or a DC adapter.
It has a power button and you have to turn it on, even if connected to
the computer.
When the battery is dead, it just doesn't start without DC adapter.

Regards

Peter Belak