He was probably thinking of a DUK which was produced on a 3/4 ton truck
chassis. The DUKW is on a 2-1/2 ton chassis. There also was one based on a Jeep
chassis, but I understand that it was not very seaworthy. Then there are those
big Russian ones like in the movie Tomb Raider. The Amphibicar you are thinking
of was very small.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

John Forbes wrote:
Are you thinking of the little amphibian produced, I think, by DAF?

John