D. Glenn Arthur Jr. wrote:

I've heard long bagpipe performances from other traditions
than Scottish but even apart from the different-country aspect, it hasn't matched the description of Pibroch. Much of it has been uptempo throughout, often danceable, and some seems to be largely improvised or medleys of shorter tunes. I'm going to have to check my CDs to see what slow bagpipe tunes I've got, and what centuries they're from, but when I buy early-music recordings (which is what most of the bagpipe
music I've got is), I mostly buy dance music and songs. So
there's quite a lot of bagpipe music from various countries
and centuries that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Early music recordings would all be of the Northumbrian/Irish type pipes, with a bellows under one arm. Scottish war pipes are a relatively modern invention, produced solely to scare the sassenachs (at which they are remarkably successful) and were never intended to be played indoors.

mike